Sunnyvale Community Services, Sunday, December 1st, 2013Posted: November 9, 2013
Date: Sunday, December 1st, 2013
Time: 1:00pm – 4:00pm
Location: Sunnyvale Community Services 725 Kifer Road (between Wolfe and Fair Oaks) Sunnyvale, CA 94086 map it ›
For two weeks every holiday season our busy warehouse turns into a virtual North Pole with new toys, gifts, and food available for Sunnyvale neighbors in need.
Every year approximately 1,500 families are able to “shop” at our brightly decorated warehouse for two weeks worth of food for the holidays, along with new toys and gifts for infants through teens, plus a household gift to brighten the holidays for the whole family.
Sunnyvale Community Services can assist people facing a temporary crisis. Examples of just some of the services available for qualified members of the community are below. The main office is at 725 Kifer Road. Dial 408-738-4321.
- The non-profit agency can offer emergency assistance to prevent homelessness, so possible rent help.
- Food and clothes may be available to prevent hunger for low-income families, the working poor, children and seniors.
- Look into financial assistance to prevent utility disconnections, evictions, to pay medical, prescriptions, and other critical bills.
- Help is offered for seniors in Santa Clara that are facing problems of finances, health, housing, and isolation. For example work with staff on securing medical and financial assistance case monitoring, arranging for appropriate services and more.
- There is also a seasonal Community Christmas Center, in which clients select new gifts for infants through teens, a two-week supply of food, and a household gift for every family member.