We Offer A Free Dinner Each Wednesday at The United Methodist Church located on Monterey Road
It is the Little White Church 17175 Monterey Rd, Morgan Hill, CA 95037
We Serve From 6-7 each week
Come Join us for FREE FOOD
If you need help with this website: http://www.sccgov.org/portal/site/ssa/
Benefits Assistance Center (BAC)
1867 Senter Rd.
San Jose, CA 95112
Phone: (408) 758-4689; TTY (408) 758-3822
(408) 758-3600; TTY: (408) 792-1608
Community Based Organizations
Catholic Charities of Santa Clara County
2625 Zanker Road
San Jose, CA 95134
Phone: (408) 325-5194
EHC LifeBuilders – Boccardo Regional Reception Center
2011 Little Orchard St
San Jose, CA 95125
Phone: (408) 539-2170
Gilroy: Health Benefits Resource Center
Saint Louise Regional Hospital
9400 No Name Uno, Suite 135
Gilroy, CA 95020
Phone: 1 (408) 848-4948
Hours of Operation: 8:30am-5:00pm
Languages Available (English and Spanish)
San Jose: Health Benefits Resource Center
2105 Forest Avenue, Suite 119
San Jose, Ca. 95128
Toll Free Number: 1 (877) 904-4272
Hours of Operation: 8:30am-5:00pm
Languages Available (English, Spanish, Vietnamese)
InnVision Georgia Travis Center
297 Commercial Street
San Jose, CA 95112
Phone: (408) 453-3124
Sacred Heart Community Service
1381 South First Street
San Jose, CA 95110
Second Harvest Food Bank
750 Curtner Avenue
Phone: (408) 266-8866
Fax: (408) 266-9042
Business Hours: Mon – Fri, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Sacred Heart Community Service is another leading non-profit agency that provides essential services to low income families and individuals. Get access to food baskets, infant formula, diapers, sack lunches, gently used clothing, rental and housing assistance, and information and referral services to California and federal government programs, such as Section 8 housing.
- Food assistance is offered from the emergency supplement. Each customer of the agency can get, as resources allow, a grocery bag of nonperishable items, produce, meat product, eggs, a loaf of bread, and more. Free holiday meals may be offered too.
- A Clothes Closet is in Santa Clara. It allows people to browse and “shop”, free of charge for the items they need, including school or professional work attire.
- Apply to the Utility Assistance Program, or LIHEAP, at Sacred Heart. This is a federal government funded program that helps low-income households with paying their home energy bills. It operates both during the winter and can help with summer air conditioning bills. Also get assistance in weatherizing your home and making energy-related home repairs to it.
- Education is a focus of Sacred Heart Community Service. The location wants to educate the entire family and build a culture of academic success. The non-profit will offer classes and workshops in Santa Clara County to low-income families in Spanish and English, English as a Second Language, nutrition, GED training and more.
- Financial education is available. This can include financial workshops, Credit improvement, personal financial coaching, and savings options and development account referrals.
- Job programs include vocational coaching and placement. Work with a case manager at a job search center. Sign up for resume writing classes, Interview preparation and access a number of job development and placement services in Santa Clara County. Together you can break the cycle of poverty through asset development, credit improvement, financial coaching, and job placement.
- The agency will advocate for policy change to fight predatory lending practices and to improve access to government and public benefits.
- Other services available include programs for children under the age of 5, emergency domestic violence intervention, leadership classes and more.
Work with a case manager applying for Public Benefits, both federal government and state of California. This includes food stamps, Medical, health insurance, utility assistance, WIC, low income housing and more. You can learn about the process and get support to ensure you are treated fairly by the system.
Sacred Heart Community Service offers many other resources. Stop by or call them at 1381 South First St., San José, California 95110. Telephone (408) 278-2160.
- 778 South Almaden Avenue (at Union Street), San Jose, CA, 95110-2919
- Phone: 1-408-292-3314
- Email: smum83 [at] gmail [dot] com
- Here is their website.
Food Pantry Hours
- Donations accepted during Food Pantry hours:
Monday – Saturday, 9 a.m. – Noon
- Clients must arrive by 11:45 a.m. for service
- Santa Maria Urban Ministry (SMUM) distributes food from supporters, including Second Harvest Food Bank, and Martha’s Kitchen, to about 1,800 people a month, half of whom are children. If a Client lives in one of these zip code areas, Santa Maria Urban Ministry is the designated food agency (Si usted vive en una de estas áreas del código postal, El Ministerio Urbano de Santa María es la agencia señalada del alimento): 95110, 95117, 95125, 95126, 95128, 95131, 95132 and 95134.
Welcome! Bienvenidos! Chào mừng!
Santa Maria Urban Ministry (SMUM) was founded as an outreach ministry of the Episcopal Diocese of El Camino Real in April 1983 to provide emergency food to the residents of San José’s inner city. In addition to continuing to serve the needs of our clients and promite their self-sufficiency, SMUM has developed transformative programs to serve the needs of and promote self-sufficiency within our community.
SMUM is a unique gathering place in our neighborhood where clients feel safe. At SMUM, clients can share their concerns with the staff and volunteers – caring individuals who know their stories, their struggles, their gifts, joys and hopes.
In spite of good efforts and solid programs, the need is growing faster than the resources. SMUM needs your support to accomplish its mission.
American Indian Education Resource Center, Inc.
749 Story Road, Suite 300
San Jose, CA 95122
American Indian Education Centers in California are authorized by California Education Code, Article 6, sections 33380-33383. Center staff assist schools with professional development, counseling, tutorial services, or parent education. They also provide supplemental and extended day instructional programs to meet the needs of American Indian students.
12 noon till 1PM
Our Lady of Guadalupe Parish
2020 E San Antonio St
San Jose, CA 95116
Phone: (408) 258-7057 Fax: (408) 258-8249
A Parish of The Roman Catholic Diocese of San Jose CA
Food Pantry for Low-income, homeless and unemployed residents in 95116, 95132 and 95135
zip codes and Parish residents.
FOOD BAGS: Wed. 9:00 am – 11:00 AM – Thurs., 3:00pm – 5:00pm